Home Abstracts » Talk Guidelines
Talk types and durations
Symposia, plenary and special session talks
Most talks from invited speakers in symposia have a 30-minute time slot – please prepare a PowerPoint presentation that lasts for up to 25 minutes maximum to allow 5 minutes for discussion after your talk. Plenary lecturers and invited speakers in other sessions should consult their individual instructions on talk timing or contact their session chair or email@example.com with any queries.
Short Talk presenters in symposia have a 15-minute time slot – please prepare a PowerPoint presentation that lasts for up to 12 minutes maximum to allow 3 minutes for discussion after your talk. Please check your symposia topic in the program overview at the end of April to find your talk time.
Speed Talk presenters in speed talk sessions have a 3-minute time slot – please prepare a PowerPoint presentation with 2 slides maximum (the size has to be smaller than 5 MB) that lasts for up to 3 minutes. (Speed Talk presenters will also present a poster at the event, and questions arising from the Speed Talk can take place at the poster.) Please find your talk time within a speed talk session in the program overview at the end of April. Speed talk presentations will be on the same day as your poster presentation, or the day before.
Please note the guidelines below for preparation of your Speed Talk presentation, and submit your file to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 26, 2023. Presentations will be broadcast on site for your speed talk session. Prizes for two outstanding speed talks will be awarded by FEBS Open Bio.
At the event
All presentations must be uploaded and tested at the Preview room (except for speed talk presentations).
- Opening and closing hours of the Preview room: 08:00-18:00.
- Presentation files must be delivered here by the speakers at least 1 hour before the afternoon session, or the day before the morning session (no later than 18:00).
Once the presentation is launched, you, the speaker, will control the program: by using the mouse of the computer your slides will go on as usual.
Please, do not come at the last minute with your own laptop, memory stick or hard drive to the meeting room: you will not be able to connect it. All speakers must upload their presentation in the Preview room beforehand as outlined above.
We remind you that the speaking time is strictly limited, and that Chairs are instructed to ensure that it is respected.
Each presentation has to be in landscape format 16/9 (to be set up in the layout tab).
Your presentation should be named as: lastname_firstname.ppt
- Only presentations for PCs (Windows latest versions) and PC-compatible presentations will be accepted (no UNIX). To avoid problems of compatibility between PCs and MAC, please use fonts common to both PCs and MAC.
- If your presentation includes pictures, it is highly recommended to have .jpg format. The image resolution shall not exceed 1024 to 768 pixels (width by height).
- If you have video files attached to your power point presentation, they must be in the following format: .mpg, .mpeg, .avi., wmv. or mov. When saving your final presentation to CD or USB stick, please make sure to include your video files (if any) and all links to these multimedia files.