Home Registration » SFBBM Bursaries
Up to 30 bursaries funded by The French Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (‘SFBBM bursaries’) are available to support participation of young scientists from France in the 47th FEBS Congress. The bursaries will cover the early registration fee (€280) and make a contribution to travel and accommodation of up to €720 (i.e. up to €1000 in total).
SFBBM bursary applications deadline: March 9, 2023
SFBBM bursary applicants must:
- Be submitting an abstract to the Congress as first author
- Be a 3rd or 4th year PhD student or be working as a postdoctoral scientist (under the age of 35) in France
- Be a member of SFBBM
How to apply
Applications for SFBBM bursaries for the 47th FEBS Congress must be made through the Congress registration system before the bursary deadline of March 9, 2023.
To ensure your application is pulled into the data that goes forward to the selection, please make sure you follow all steps below correctly.
(1) Select the Young Scientist participant type
(2) Click yes to the question in the first section of the registration form about applying for a Congress bursary.
(3) You must upload the following documents as a single pdf file, presented in the following order:
- Proof of Status: 3rd/4th-year PhD student or postdoctoral scientist in France
- Proof of age for postdoctoral scientists: a scanned copy of ID showing date of birth (national ID card or passport).
- Proof of current SFBBM membership (scanned copy of current membership certificate/letter)
- Curriculum Vitae, prepared using the FEBS 2023 Congress CV template for SFBBM bursaries
(4) Submit your abstract as first author, according to the guidelines on the Call for Abstracts webpage.
(5) Complete your registration order including payment of the registration fee by March 9, 2023.
If you are paying by bank transfer, please ensure you forward receipt of the transaction to the Congress Secretariat by 9 March 2023 (see Payment Methods here).
Assessment, notification and reimbursement
Abstracts and CVs of eligible bursary applicants will be considered by the Organizing Committee.
The outcomes of SFBBM bursary applications, and details about obtaining reimbursement after the Congress, are expected to be notified via e-mail on April 11, 2023.